The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service’s International Science and Technology Partnerships Program (ISTPP) is a government funding for research and development initiative, established to encourage and support bilateral research projects with commercialization potential between Canada and its partner countries. The ISTPP program has proven valuable in fostering science and technology networking and matchmaking activities to further new partnerships and accelerate research and development commercialization efforts.
Overview of ISTPP Government Funding for Business
The ISTPP is a five-year, 20 million dollar program extending from 2010 to 2015. ISTPP Canadian Small Business Funding Grants are characterized as “seed funds” meaning private sector firms that participate in this program are encouraged to bring science and technology expertise as well as funds of their own to this bilateral relationship. *This program is not currently accepting applications but we expect a new round of funding in the near future.
Eligibility for this Canadian Government Funding Opportunity
In order to be eligible for this exciting Canadian government funding program firms must propose projects that contributes to the overall objectives of the ISTPP, these include:
- Result in leverage of global networks critical to commercialization in international markets;
- Provide the opportunity to access the world’s best facilities, equipment, talent & knowledge; and
- Create wealth from the Canadian production of innovative products & services through international relationships
Evaluation of Projects Eligible for Government Funding Canada
The process of evaluation will utilize 3rd part expert evaluators with the final decision being made by the Board of Directors of the delivery organization. During this process the delivery organization will consider the proposed project meets the following criteria:
- The Canadian government stands to receive a net economic and technological benefit;
- The project is technologically feasible;
- Funding from ISTPP is necessary to ensure that the project proceeds with the desired scope;
- In the event of commercial success funding will be repaid in whole or in part; and
- The project contributes to the strategic objectives of the ISTPP Program
Learn More about this Research and Development Funding Opportunity
A Canadian Government Funding Expert will be happy to talk with you about this program.
Canadian Government Grants and Small Business Loans Ontario
Receive regular updates on small business grants Ontario and small business loans Ontario and many other government funding for small business programs by subscribing to our Canadian Government Funding Weekly E-Newsletter. You can also stay connected with us the social media network of your choice: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or Google+