Supports funding for supervised career-related work experience for young workers in order to develop their skills and knowledge.
- Amount: Covers a portion of the provincial/territorial minimum wage of summer students. For-profits can receive up to 50% of employee min. hourly rate for summer hire from 15-30 years old students that are returning to school in the fall. Non-profits can receive up to 100% of minimum wage in grant coverage.
- Timeline: 2017 application submission window is currently open, but will close January 20, 2017.
- Eligibility: Less than 50 employees.
Top Resources for Canada Summer Jobs:
- Overview Blog: Learn more about what this program offers and how to get started on your application before it is too late.
- Eligibility Blog: Does your business qualify for up to 50% to 100% of the minimum hourly wage in government funding to support hiring of summer interns? Find out by reading this blog.
- FAQ Blog: Have some unresolved questions about the Canada Summer Jobs Program? Before getting started read this blog answering some of the most frequently asked questions we have received from our readers.
- Update Blog: Canada Summer Jobs has been renewed for summer 2016 internships. This blog reviews changes to the program and discusses strategies to maximize your funding success.