Subsidized wages for graduates in the science, technical, engineering or math fields that have graduated in the last 5 years from a Southern Ontario University or College.
- Amount: Maximum support of $10k for graduates with a Bachelor degree and $15k for Masters and Ph.D graduates for six month program or 50% of salary (CPP+EI).
- Timeline: Released September 2010 and will run for 4 years ($80M).
- Eligibility Factors: Comm. business with <1000 employees and located in Southern Ontario.
- Governing Bodies: Carleton University, Conestoga College, Niagara College, Ryerson University, University of Toronto, University of Waterloo, University of Western Ontario, and Wilfrid Laurier University.
Top GEI/iSTEM Resources:
- GEI/iSTEM Overview Blog: Learn about the program’s focus, how much funding is available, and some of the best places to find new talent for your business!
- GEI/iSTEM Eligibility Criteria Blog: The application process may vary according to which government funding for business hiring partner institution you use to access GEI/iSTEM, learn more in this blog.
- GEI/iSTEM Update: Your success in accessing funds may vary according to the timing of government funding for hiring releases ~learn which institution(s) recently received funding.