This program is no longer promoted via IRAP. However, there are suitable alternatives that are available either periodically or consistently throughout the year, including:
- Graduate Enterprise Internship Program (aka iSTEM): Up to 50% base wage coverage for the hiring of an Ontario post-secondary graduate who has graduated within the last 5 years. Internships are 6 months in length and maximum funding amounts are $10,000/intern for someone with an advanced college diploma (3-year program) or Bachelor’s Degree, and $15,000/intern for a Master’s or Ph.D graduate. The candidate must have an educational background in STEM (science, technical, engineering, or math).
- ICTC CareerConnect: 50% cost coverage for a recent post-secondary grad under the age of 31, up to $16,000. Internship must be at least 3 months in length. Please check the website for up-to-date information on internship deadlines.
- Canada Summer Jobs: 50% cost coverage of minimum wage for hiring a 15-30 year old permanent Canadian resident or citizen.
- YMCA High Demand Youth Internship Program: Up to $8/hour for a high demand career field; minimum wage of $16/hour.
Designed to assist funding of youth with no restrictions. Graduate can be applied to most areas from business development to technical to customer service/administration.
- Amount: Max support of $15k for a period of 12 months. Fulltime hire for graduate student under the age of 31 years.
- Timeline: May apply for 2 graduates. The program comes out in February each year as is offered by the Human Resources Skills Development Center and delivered the local IRAP group.
- Eligibility Factors: Incorporated and financially stable and must be responsible to find graduates before applying.