Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council
A short-term research or development project aimed at addressing a company specific problem that can be extended up to 6 months. Connects businesses to university researchers for new R&D partnerships. Requires a 183A Letter of Support from Company.
- Amount: up to $25,000 from NSERC (no cash required from company).
- Timeline: Rolling applications, no deadlines, 4 – 6 week turnaround on approvals.
- Eligibility: Company must operate from a Canadian base. Eligible collaborations include focused projects with specific short-term objectives with an academic researcher from a Canadian University. No limit on how many Engage grants that a company can hold.
Top NSERC Engage Resources:
- Engage Overview Blog: This NSERC Engage Canadian government funding for research and development overview covers the focus of the program and includes funding types and amounts, as well as success stories that testify to the quality of the program.
- Engage Eligibility Criteria Blog: Please check back soon.
- Engage Update: Visit our site regularly to stay up to date on Canadian government funding news and releases.