MITACS Step: Proactive & Practical Communication is a Hamilton event that will allow you to optimize your ability to work as a team or present an idea. Effective communication is critical to the success of any team-oriented project or presentation. Through this event, participants will:
- Understand how personal assumptions and mental models adversely influence communication
- Learn how to determine your own personal assumptions and how to avoid them
- Learn to navigate and approach difficult conversations.
- Identify the qualities of a high-performing team
- Find a balance between task and process within teams
- Identify and use Tuchman’s group development model
- Identify and implement the 12 criterion for team success
- Understand the use of roles, decision-making and group vision
When: January 25, 2012 @ 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Where: McMaster University, Skylight Room, 2nd Floor of Commons Building, 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton
If you are interested in participating in this helpful business event, please Register Now. Also, be sure to browse other workshops and presentations taking place around Ontario via our News & Events Page.