Please Note: The Build in Canada Innovation Program is no longer accepting applications. Interested businesses should explore the Innovative Solutions Canada (ISC) program to access technology funding and federal procurement contracts.
The Build in Canada Innovation Program was a competitive first purchase program offered by the Canadian government. Canadian companies could submit a proposal for their innovative, pre-revenue products or services that have the potential to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the government.
Top Build in Canada Innovation Program (BCIP) Resources:
- Build in Canada Innovation Program (BCIP) Overview: This overview includes a basic explanation of the funding program and its focus and also includes success stories.
- Build in Canada Innovation Program (BCIP) Eligibility Criteria: This blog identifies eligible participants and projects for this program. Included is a Technology Readiness Level (TRL) guide to help you understand if your innovation is ready to be sold through BCIP.
- Challenges Initiative: BCIP Funding Update: The Build in Canada Innovation Program has been expanded and now offers financial support through a competitive call for technology proposals. Innovators may view open calls for innovations and apply if they have a solution for the Government of Canada to purchase and test.
- How to Find a BCIP Technology Testing Partner: Although businesses may be matched to government agencies through BCIP, proactive innovators may speed up the process by contacting qualified tech testing partners on their own.
- $470k in BCIP Funding Awarded to Innovative Water Technology Company
- $884k Contract Awarded to Military Innovation Through BCIP Funding
- Build in Canada Innovation Program Awards $210k for Military Innovation
- BCIP Funding Awards $405k Federal Contract for Defence Technology
- Build in Canada Innovation Program: $267k for Water Technology
Posted: October 11, 2013. Updated:November 19, 2018.