The CanExport Innovation (CXI) program promotes and enhances Canada’s international innovation efforts by pursuing collaborative partnership opportunities in other countries. Activities supported include building targeted relationships to encourage formal discussions that initiate collaborations on future R&D opportunities.
- Amount: Up to 75% of eligible project expenses up to a maximum $75,000 grant.
- Timeline: Open and accepting applications.
- Eligibility: Must be dedicated to innovation, science, and technology, as well as generate less than $50 million in annual sales, and maintain fewer than 500 employees.
Top CanExport Innovation Resources:
- CanExport Innovation Overview Blog: This is an overview of CXI government funding Canada program including information regarding the program’s focus, eligibility requirements, and how to apply.
- CanExport Innovation Eligibility Criteria Blog: This article details company eligibility, spending rules and other answers to questions an applicant may have about how to apply for the program.
- CanExport Innovation FAQ Blog: Still have questions about this government funding for business? Read up on the program’s frequently asked questions.
- Funding for Research and Development: From Idea to Commercialization
- International R&D Success: Developing & Commercializing Innovation
- Program Update: CanExport Innovation Funding for Research Partnerships
- CanExport Innovation: How to Qualify for Tech Partnership Grants
- CanExport Innovation: International Technology Project Funding FAQ
Posted: March 28, 2011. Updated: July 29, 2019.