The Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) is a federal-provincial-territorial government funding program providing many streams of financial support. Its Ontario Processors stream is devoted specifically to supporting businesses that modify or manufacture agricultural products. Through the program, businesses may offset a portion of eligible project costs which directly support their competitiveness and provide new growth opportunities.
- Amount: Up to 25% to 50% of eligible expenses to a maximum $20,000 to $250,000 in grant funding, depending on project focus/stream.
- Timeline: Periodic call for proposals throughout the year based on timelines provided by the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA). Next deadline is anticipated for February 2019.
- Eligibility: Ontario manufacturers directly transforming agricultural commodities, food, beverage or agri-based bio-products. Many project streams maintain a maximum 200 employees at project’s facility.
- Project Focus: ERP implementation, ingredient and waste monitoring and improvement, productivity improvements (technology, production tools, etc.), projects focused on new product development, testing, and marketing costs, implementation of a business or marketing plan to expand or maintain domestic/international markets, and development of business assessments, audits, or plans by a third party.
Top Canadian Agricultural Partnership: Ontario Processors Resources
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership: Ontario Processors Overview: Learn more about the CAP Ontario funding for food and beverage processors, including the purpose of the program, project examples, eligibility criteria, and when to apply for funding.
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership: Ontario Processors Eligibility: Explore the specific criteria used to identify agri-businesses, projects, and expenses that are eligible for the CAP Ontario: Processors program.
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership Ontario: Eligibility for Producers
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership for Ontario Processors: Eligibility
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership Ontario Grants for Food Producers
- Top 4 Funding Programs for Ontario’s Agri-Food Industry
- Growing Forward 2 (GF2) Invests $180k in 4 Ontario Food Processors
Posted: July 12, 2013. Updated: November 11, 2018.