The Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) is a federal-provincial-territorial government funding program providing many streams of financial support. Its Ontario Producer stream is devoted specifically to supporting businesses that grow, raise, or otherwise produce agricultural products. Through the program, businesses may offset a portion of eligible project costs which directly support their competitiveness and provide new growth opportunities.
- Amount: Up to 30% to 50% of eligible expenses to a maximum $2,500 to $75,000 in grant funding, depending on project focus/stream.
- Timeline: Periodic call for proposals throughout the year based on timelines provided by the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA). Next deadline is anticipated for February 2019.
- Eligibility: Must file business and/or farm taxes in Ontario, have a valid Premises Identification Number, and have a valid Farm Business Registration Number (FBRN), unless exempt.
- Project Focus: Business planning and improvements, nutrient application and recovery, food safety and traceability, farm improvements for environmental outcomes (such as manure storage), new product or process development, and domestic and international marketing.
Top Canadian Agricultural Partnership: Ontario Producers Resources
- CAP Ontario Producers Overview: Learn more about the Canadian Agricultural Partnership program for Ontario food producers. This includes top eligibility factors and details on each type of project considered for funding.
- CAP Ontario Producers Eligibility Criteria: Explore a more comprehensive list of eligibility criteria for your CAP-funded project. This article dives into what are (and aren’t) eligible applicants, projects, and fundable expenses.
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership Ontario: Eligibility for Producers
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership for Ontario Processors: Eligibility
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership Ontario Grants for Food Producers
- Top 4 Funding Programs for Ontario’s Agri-Food Industry
- Growing Forward 2 (GF2) Invests $180k in 4 Ontario Food Processors
Posted: April 10, 2018. Updated: November 2, 2018.