Please Note: The Early Stage Exporters program is no longer accepting applications. Please explore the Export Market Access (EMA) program for exporting grants.
Provided through FedDev Ontario and the Ontario Chamber of Commerce, the Early Stage Exporters (ESE) program helps startups and young businesses access new global markets such as China and Hong Kong, India, and the United States. Small business grants will directly offset a portion of costs related to export trade show marketing and travel to selected markets.
- Amount: Max of $30,000 in non-repayable grants worth up to 50% of project expenses. Can include up to three trade shows in one application.
- Timeline: Program closed. Please refer to the Export Market Access (EMA) program for exporting grants.
- Eligibility: Minimum of 3 people on payroll, produce products in Ontario, $300k to $500k in revenues, and 2 years in business.
- Project Types: Exhibiting in international trade shows and fairs, designing marketing tools and materials for foreign audiences, conducting market research for international target market segments, and bidding against foreign competition for foreign projects.
- Export Market Access (EMA): 2018 Program Enhancements
- Do you Qualify for The Early Stage Exporters Fund?
- Qualify for Early Stage Exporters Ontario Small Business Grants
- How does the Crowdfunding Revolution Impact Your Small Business?
- Early Stage Exporters Ontario Business Grants for Startups
Posted: December 15, 2015 by Chris Casemore. Updated: June 19, 2018 by Jeff Shepherd.