Offered through FedDev Ontario and the Ontario Chamber of Commerce, Export Market Access (EMA) helps SMEs enter new global markets such as China and Hong Kong, India and the United States. Funding supports expenses towards marketing brochures, trade shows, display panels, banners, flights and meal/lodging per diem allowance.
- Amount: Max of $30k non-repayable or 50% of project. Can include up to three trade shows per application.
- Timeline: Must allow 30 business days for approval prior to first payment of booth rental or air fare expenses.
- Eligibility: Between 5-500 people on payroll, >$500k in revenues and 2 years incorporated.
- Project Types: International trade shows, fairs and exhibits, marketing tools for foreign audiences to market products, market research to target precise international markets, and bidding on foreign projects against foreign competition.
Top Export Market Access Resources:
- Export Market Access Overview Blog: An overview of the focus of this Ontario government funding program along with success stories, timelines and other relevant information.
- EMA Eligibility Criteria: Eligible expenses, eligible projects and companies that can benefit from this government funding for small businesses in Ontario program.
- EMA Frequently Asked Questions: Mentor Works has answered common questions regarding this Ontario small business grants program.
- Find Export Trade Shows for Your Business in 2018: Explore a curated list of top international trade shows for Ontario businesses to attend in Q1+Q2 2018. EMA Funding can be used to offset a portion of trade show expenses.
- How to Find Export Trade Shows for Your Business in 2018
- CanExport vs Export Market Access: Comparing Export Marketing Grants
- Ontario Export Awards Recognizes 12 Exceptional Manufacturers
- Cambridge Pro Fab: Growth through Canadian Government Funding
- Why Europe Should Be Your Next Export Market