Please Note: Export Market Access is now closed and not accepting further applications. For trade show grants and other forms of export support, learn more about the CanExport program.
Offered through FedDev Ontario and the Ontario Chamber of Commerce, Export Market Access (EMA) helps SMEs enter new global markets such as China and Hong Kong, India and the United States. Funding supports trade shows, in-market research, in-market office space, upgrading e-commerce, marketing materials, flights, and meal/lodging per diem allowance.
- Amount: Up to 50% of eligible project expenses to a maximum $50,000/application. Can apply twice per 12-month period to a lifetime maximum $250,000 per applicant.
- Eligibility: Between 3-500 people on payroll, $300k+ in revenues and two years incorporated or a limited liability partnership (LLP).
- Timeline: Program is closed and not accepting new applications.
- Project Types: International trade shows, fairs and exhibits, marketing tools for foreign audiences to market products, market research to target precise international markets, and bidding on foreign projects against foreign competition.
Top Export Market Access Resources:
- Export Market Access Overview Blog: An overview of the focus of this Ontario government funding program along with success stories, timelines and other relevant information.
- EMA Eligibility Criteria: Eligible expenses, eligible projects and companies that can benefit from this government funding for small businesses in Ontario program.
- EMA Frequently Asked Questions: Mentor Works has answered common questions regarding this Ontario small business grants program.
- Find Export Trade Shows for Your Business in 2018: Explore a curated list of top international trade shows for Ontario businesses to attend in 2018. EMA Funding can be used to offset a portion of trade show expenses.
- Export Market Access and Export Manager Program No Longer Available
- Export Trade Shows for Canadian Businesses in 2019
- Export Market Access (EMA) Trade Show Grants: Funding FAQs
- Export Market Access (EMA): 2018 Program Enhancements
- Export Market Access: International Marketing Grants
Posted: March 28, 2011. Updated: April 16, 2019.