The Green Focus on Innovation and Technology (GreenFIT) procurement strategy supports green technology companies as they introduce innovative and sustainable solutions into the marketplace. Through the program, innovators will connect with an Ontario Public Service (OPS) department or Broader Public Service (BPS) institution to demonstrate their solutions and improve their profile in domestic and global markets.
- Amount: To be determined by OPS/BPS buyers.
- Projects: Technologies that reduce the environmental footprint of OPS/MASH facilities through greenhouse gas and toxic emission reductions, waste diversion, resource conservation (e.g. water), energy conservation, and renewable energy generation.
- Timeline: Can apply through a targeted (pre-established) call for Expressions of Interest (EOIs), or submit innovations through an Open Call for EOIs at any time.
- Eligibility: Projects must be implemented, tested, and validated within two years from the date of a purchase approval by the OPS/ Ontario MASH sector; not been commercially available for wide scale application or use by the OPS during the past 5 years; demonstrate clear, quantifiable environmental benefits; and demonstrate strong commercial potential, economic potential or first mover advantage.
Top Ontario GreenFIT Procurement Strategy Program Resources
- Ontario GreenFIT Procurement Strategy Overview: Learn more about the Green Focus on Innovation and Technology (GreenFIT) program, including how the program works, who is eligible, and what types of innovations may be considered for procurement.