The Greenhouse Competitiveness and Innovation Initiative supports Ontario-based greenhouse businesses to invest in projects that will increase competitiveness and/or increase access to new or existing markets. This encompasses an array of business expansion-related investments.
- Amount: Grant valued up to 90% of eligible project expenses. Amount based on a rate of $0.14/sq. ft. of applicant’s production area to a maximum 1.2 million sq. ft.
- Timeline: Open call for applications with a deadline of September 28, 2018. Deadline for project completion: September 30, 2019.
- Eligibility: Commercial greenhouses in Ontario that grow/propagate vegetables, fruit, culinary herbs, or floriculture and as of March 23, 2017 had at least 20,000 sq. ft. of production area.
- Projects: Energy efficiency, input reduction, production improvement, biosecurity, waste management, food safety, labour production efficiency, business planning, and marketing.
Top Greenhouse Competitiveness and Innovation Initiative Resources:
- Greenhouse Competitiveness and Innovation Initiative Program Overview: Explore a high-level overview of the GCII funding program, including who and what types of activities the program will support.
- GCII Greenhouse Grants Eligibility: Learn more about the project and expense eligibility for the Greenhouse Competitiveness and Innovation Initiative.
- Ontario Greenhouse Cucumbers Thrive in New Export Markets
- Do You Qualify for GCII Ontario Commercial Greenhouse Grants?
- Greenhouse Competitiveness and Innovation Initiative