The NOHFC Northern Business Opportunity Program – Business Expansion Projects stream supports businesses with existing operations in northern Ontario to expand operations and create jobs.
- Amount: Funding is offered as either (1) a conditional grant of up to 20% of total eligible costs to a maximum $400,000; (2) a conditional grant of up to 20% to a maximum $400,000, plus a repayable loan of up to 30% of total eligible costs to a maximum $600,000; (3) a repayable loan of up to 50% of total eligible costs to a maximum $1,000,000.
- Timeline: Open. Accepting applications until March 31, 2019.
- Eligibility: Established businesses in Northern Ontario expanding operations through capital investment. Must be in an emerging economic sector prioritized by NOHFC.
- Project Focus: Capital construction, leasehold improvements, new or used equipment integration, third-party training programs.
Top Northern Business Opportunity Program – Business Expansion Projects Resources
- Overview Blog: Read an overview on this excellent program to help businesses that are looking to expand and create jobs in Northern Ontario.
- Eligibility Blog: Find out if your business qualifies for this Ontario business grants program.
- Northern Ontario Recovery Program: Funding to Improve Business Operations
- Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation: NOHFC Grants and Loans
- Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Awards $178k in Manufacturing Grants
- How to Qualify for NOHFC Northern Ontario Business Grants and Loans
- NOHFC Funding Supports Northern Ontario Forestry Industry with $1.4M
Posted: October 30, 2013. Updated: October 30, 2018.