The Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation (NOHFC) is a crown corporation and economic development agency that supports the development of Northern Ontario businesses. NOHFC offers small business grants, conditionally repayable loans, incentive term loans and loan guarantees to attract investment and innovation.
Top NOHFC Funding Resources:
- NOHFC Funding Overview Blog: Learn more about each stream of NOHFC’s Ontario government funding programs.
- NOHFC Funding Eligibility Blog: Does your business qualify for NOHFC funding? Discover the types of funding your company may apply for.
NOHFC Funding Programs for Northern Ontario Businesses
Northern Ontario businesses have an extensive range of government funding programs available to support strategic growth projects. Three of NOHFC’s top business funding programs include:
Northern Business Opportunity Program
- Northern Business Opportunity Program – Business Expansion Projects: For existing businesses to expand operations and create jobs.
- Northern Business Opportunity Program – New Investment Projects: For competitive, established established companies to develop a business presence in northern Ontario.
- Northern Business Opportunity Program – Small Business Startup Projects: For newly established businesses to scale quickly.
Northern Innovation Program
- Northern Innovation Program – Applied Research and Technology Development Projects: For moving an innovative product/service through the late-stage development and commercialization process to bring it to market.
- Northern Innovation Program – Opportunity Assessment Projects: For identifying new technology development opportunities.
- Northern Innovation Program – Pilot Demonstration & Commercialization Projects: For scaling-up operations and demonstrating innovative technologies.
Northern Ontario Internship Program
- Northern Ontario Internship Program: For hiring a recent post-secondary graduate and offsetting up to half of the candidate’s wage.
- Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation: NOHFC Grants and Loans
- Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Awards $178k in Manufacturing Grants
- How to Qualify for NOHFC Northern Ontario Business Grants and Loans
- NOHFC Funding Supports Northern Ontario Forestry Industry with $1.4M
- Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation Awards $3.4M in Grants
Posted: October 22, 2013 by Chris Casemore. Updated: May 29, 2018 by Jeff Shepherd.