The Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation (NOHFC) is a crown corporation and development agency. NOHFC supports the development of Northern Ontario businesses and municipalities by offering small business grants, forgivable performance loans, incentive term loans and loan guarantees.
Top NOHFC Funding Resources:
- NOHFC Funding Overview Blog: Learn more about each stream of NOHFC’s funding support programs.
- NOHFC Funding Eligibility Blog: Does your business qualify for NOHFC funding? Discover the types of funding your company may apply for.
Streams of NOHFC Funding for Northern Ontario Businesses
Choose from the programs below by clicking on the program title. If you require additional support to ascertain whether or not the program is right for your business, please fill out the contact form on the relevant program page(s).
- Northern Business Opportunity Program – Business Expansion Projects: Supports existing businesses in Northern Ontario expand their operations and create jobs.
- Northern Business Opportunity Program – New Investment Projects: Supports companies looking to expand and locate their businesses in Northern Ontario and create new jobs.
- Northern Business Opportunity Program – Small Business Start up Projects: Supports business productivity and expansion, and global investment in northern communities.
- Northern Innovation Program – Applied Research and Technology Development Projects: Supports companies with an innovative product/service move through late stage development and commercialization, assisting them in getting their product into the marketplace.
- Northern Innovation Program – Opportunity Assessment Projects: Supports companies in determining the feasibility of the project in order to justify spending further funds to investigate.
- Northern Innovation Program – Pilot Demonstration & Commercialization Projects: Supports the late stage development and pre-commercialization costs for companies alone or in partnership with academia with costs associated in getting new technologies to market.
- Northern Ontario Internship Program: For profits can receive up to 50% of wage to a maximum of $31,500. Non-profit/public sector can receive up to 90% of wage to a maximum of $31,500.
- Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation Awards $400k to Software Startup
- Rapid Growth Expected for Northern Ontario’s Agriculture Industry in 2017
- Northern Ontario Requests Additional FedNor Small Business Funding
- Can Your Organization Access NOHFC Northern Ontario Government Funding?
- Northern Ontario Government Funding Awarded to 3 Sudbury Businesses