The Northern Business Opportunity Program – Small Business Startup Projects program supports entrepreneurs to establish a new business in northern Ontario.
- Amount: Up to 50% of eligible project costs to a maximum $200,000 in conditional contributions. Reimbursement is required if assets financed by the NOHFC are sold within the business’ first three years in operation.
- Timeline: Open. Accepting applications until March 31, 2019.
- Eligibility: New businesses in northern Ontario intending to start operations in an emerging economic sector prioritized by NOHFC.
- Project Focus: Leasehold improvements, new or used equipment integration, third-party training programs, and marketing.
Top Northern Business Opportunity Program – Small Business Startup Projects Resources
- Overview Blog: Find out general information regarding this business grants in Ontario opportunity from NOHFC including funding, eligibility and more.
- Eligibility Blog: Learn more about how to qualify for NOHFC Start-up funding through the Small Business Start-up Projects program.
- Northern Ontario Recovery Program: Funding to Improve Business Operations
- Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation: NOHFC Grants and Loans
- Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Awards $178k in Manufacturing Grants
- How to Qualify for NOHFC Northern Ontario Business Grants and Loans
- NOHFC Funding Supports Northern Ontario Forestry Industry with $1.4M
Posted: October 30, 2013. Updated: October 30, 2018.