The Market Readiness Program supports academic spin-off companies, OCE accelerator (CLA/OCEA) graduates, and SmartStart Seed Fund awardees with Ontario government grants to further their early-stage commercialization and support scalable business growth. The program offsets a portion of costs related to customer creation and company-building activities. The funding helps to reduce the risk of other investment opportunities and helps attract additional private investments.
- Amount: Max funding from $125,000-250,000 in Ontario grants.
- Projects: (1) Customer Creation: After tech validation, funding to develop a scalable sales process or (2) Company Building Program: Sustainable business model development activities.
- Timeline: Continuous intake; applicant must have engaged in an OCE-supported Campus-Linked Accelerator or On-Campus Entrepreneurship Activities (OCEA) within the last 3 years for at least 4 months.
- Eligibility: Ontario SMEs incorporated within the last 5 years, with <$500k (project type 1) or <$1M (project type 2) in VC investment. Cannot have >$100k in OCE funding support for active projects.
Top OCE Market Readiness Program Resources:
- OCE Market Readiness Program Overview: Learn more about the Market Readiness Program, including the two types of projects considered and expanded eligibility criteria. You’ll also learn how to apply for small business funding.
- OCE Market Readiness Program: Innovation Scale-Up Grants
- Market Readiness Grant Commercializes Innovations