The Rural Economic Development Fund (RED) supports regional economic development activities in rural southern Ontario communities. The program currently focuses on non-profits, organizations and associations, and municipal governments, and provides them with additional resources to carry out projects that boost regional economic opportunities.
- Amount: Up to 50% of eligible expenses; maximum $100,000. Exceptional projects may receive up to 90%.
- Timeline: Current application intake is July 30, 2018 to September 28, 2018.
- Projects: Planning and implementation of sector development/diversification projects. Focused on innovation and collaboration to improve the supply chain in rural Ontario (municipalities with <100k population).
- Eligibility: Non-profits, organizations, associations, municipalities in rural southern Ontario.
Top Rural Economic Development Fund (RED) Resources:
- RED Overview Blog: Gain an understanding of this Ontario government grant program available to projects the help develop the province’s rural regions.
- RED Eligibility Blog: Learn more about the Rural Economic Development Fund’s specific qualifications and how to get started on your application.
- Rural Economic Development Program Deadline: Planning on applying for RED funding in 2018? Use this blog to further understand your eligibility and when to submit applications.
- Ontario Provincial Election 2018: Impacts on Business and Funding
- Rural Economic Development Grants for Ontario Municipalities
- How to Qualify for Rural Economic Development (RED) Grants
- Rural Economic Development (RED) Grants for Ontario Communities
- Rural Economic Development (RED): Apply by September 29, 2017
Posted: May 9, 2014 by Chris Casemore. Updated: July 30, 2018 by Jeff Shepherd.