The Rural Economic Development Fund (RED) supports regional economic development activities in rural southern Ontario communities. The program currently focuses on non-profits, organizations and associations, and municipal governments, and provides them with additional resources to carry out projects that boost regional economic opportunities.
- Amount: Up to 30-50% of eligible expenses to a maximum of $150,000-$250,000.
- Timeline: Program is closed. The deadline was September 9, 2019. We will update this page once a new intake period is available.
- Projects: Planning and implementation of sector development/diversification projects. Focused on innovation and collaboration to improve the supply chain in rural Ontario (municipalities with <100k population).
- Eligibility: Non-profits, organizations, associations, municipalities in rural southern Ontario.
Top Rural Economic Development Fund (RED) Resources:
- RED Overview Blog: Gain an understanding of this Ontario government grant program available to projects the help develop the province’s rural regions.
- RED Eligibility Blog: Learn more about the Rural Economic Development Fund’s specific qualifications and how to get started on your application.
- Rural Economic Development Program Deadline: Planning on applying for RED funding in 2019? Use this blog to further understand your eligibility and when to submit applications.
- Ontario Rural Economic Development Funding: Apply by September 9, 2019
- Ontario Provincial Election 2018: Impacts on Business and Funding
- Rural Economic Development Grants for Ontario Municipalities
- How to Qualify for Rural Economic Development (RED) Grants
- Rural Economic Development (RED): Apply by September 29, 2017
Posted: May 9, 2014. Updated: July 31, 2019.