Alberta’s Tourism Growth Innovation Fund (TGIF) is designed to support provincial tourism organizations and municipalities as they develop and expand tourism events within the province. TGIF Alberta tourism grants reduce the costs of strategic planning and event development projects to ensure significant and sustainable that draw tourists from across Alberta, Canada, and even international tourists.
- Amount: Up to 25-50% of eligible project costs to a maximum $75,000 in Alberta government grants for tourism.
- Projects: Destination Development (strategic planning, community assessments and surveys, feasibility studies) and Product Development (development/enhancement/expansion of tourism programming and products).
- Timeline: Applications accepted via scheduled intake periods. Typically two intakes annually, one in spring and one in fall.
- Eligibility: Incorporated non-profits, municipalities, First Nations and Métis Settlements, or partnerships between two or more eligible applicants.
Top Tourism Growth Innovation Fund Resources:
- Alberta Tourism Growth Innovation Fund Overview: Learn more about the TGIF funding program, including how the program works, how much funding is available, and how to apply for your upcoming event.