The AgriInnovate program is a stream of funding provided through the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP), a 5-year framework to support Canada’s agriculture and agri-food sector. AgriInnovate is specifically designed to help businesses commercialize and/or adopt innovative agri-based products, technologies, processes or services.
- Amount: Repayable funding of up to 50% project expenses to a maximum $10 million.
- Eligibility: For-profit Canadian businesses operating in the agriculture or agri-food sector.
- Timeline: Open; continuous intake of applications until March 31, 2023, or until funding has been fully committed. Two-stage application process. Funding can be repaid over a period of up to 10 years following project completion.
- Project Focus: Adoption, demonstration or commercialization of innovative agricultural-based products, technologies, processes or services.
Top AgriInnovate Resources:
- AgriInnovate Overview: Learn more about AgriInnovate, including the program’s purpose, eligible agri-based businesses, projects eligible for funding, and how applications are evaluated.
- AgriInnovate Program Eligibility: Explore the AgriInnovate Program’s eligibility factors, including what are (and aren’t) eligible applicants, projects, and expenses.