Offered through Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC), the SD Tech Fund subsidizes expenses related to late stage development or pre-commercialization strategies of clean technologies. Covers cost of capital items, goods and services, and personnel labor costs, depreciation expenses. Prepares business for downstream financing.
- Amount: A 33% Contribution. SDTC will pay one funding milestone in advance.
- Timeline: Continuous intake. 4-6 milestones in each eligible project.
- Eligibility Factors: More focused on clean air, water, & climate change. Environmental projects. Will fund projects that supports the productivity improvements and competitiveness of Canadian industries.
Top SD Tech Fund Resources:
- SD Tech Fund Overview Blog: This article includes information about the purpose of this fund, along with a detailed explanation of the application process.
- SD Tech Fund Eligibility Criteria Blog: Learn about the eligibility requirements for these small business grants. Discover if your business, project, or specific project expenses can be covered by SDTC.
- SD Tech Fund Awards $12M for Clean Magnesium Production Technology
- SD Tech Fund Awards $58.6M in Clean Technology Grants to 14 Companies
- SD Tech Fund: Clean Technology Grants for Canadian Innovators
- $17.4M in Canadian Government Funding Awarded for Xylitol Production
- SD Tech Fund Awards Cleantech Grants to 3 Ontario Businesses