The Steel and Aluminum Initiative is a Canadian government funding program that supports organizations bolstering their productivity and competitiveness through strategic investments. The program, which is administered by through the federal government’s Regional Development Agencies (RDAs), provides access to intensive users of steel and aluminum to enable strategic investments.
- Amount: Up to 25-45% of eligible expenses or $150,000 to $1,000,000 in non-repayable funding contributions.
- Projects: Productivity improvements, business development, and technology commercialization.
- Timeline: Applications prioritized if submitted by April 8, 2019. Projects must be complete by March 31, 2020.
- Eligibility: Steel or aluminum must be equal to or greater than 20% of total input costs. For-profit firms/Indigenous organizations located in southern Ontario with 10-499 full-time employees.
Top Steel and Aluminum Initiative Resources
- SAI Southern Ontario Program Overview: Learn more about the Steel and Aluminum Initiative, including what the fund supports, eligible applicants, and how to kickoff the application process.