The Apprenticeship Job Creation Tax Credit offers a 10% tax credit to cover salaries and wages paid to training new apprentices in all trade professions in Canada.
- Amount: Up to 10% of eligible salaries and wages paid to apprentices after May 1, 2006 to a maximum $2,000/year/apprentice.
- Timeline: Available.
- Eligibility: Canadian employers; eligible apprentices must be working towards certification in one of the Red Seal Trades.
Top Apprenticeship Tax Credits Resources
- Apprenticeship Tax Credits Overview Blog: An overview of the purpose, timelines, and success stories in this tax credits for business article.
- Apprenticeship Tax Credits Update: The latest on apprenticeship tax credits funding for small business.
- Canadian Business Funding for Apprenticeships
- Overview of Apprenticeship Programs and Tax Credits
- Canadian Government Funding: Federal Apprenticeship Job Creation Tax Credit (AJCTC)
- Ontario Apprenticeship Training Tax Credit for IT Roles
- Canadian Tax Credits and Business Funding Grants for Hiring Apprentices