The Apprenticeship Job Creation Tax Credit offers a 10% tax credit to cover salaries and wages paid to training new apprentices in all trade professions in Canada.
- Amount: Up to 10% of eligible salaries and wages paid to apprentices after May 1, 2006 to a maximum $2,000/year/apprentice.
- Timeline: Available.
- Eligibility: Canadian employers; eligible apprentices must be working towards certification in one of the Red Seal Trades.
Top Apprenticeship Tax Credits Resources
- Apprenticeship Tax Credits Overview Blog: An overview of the purpose, timelines, and success stories in this tax credits for business article.
- Apprenticeship Tax Credits Update: The latest on apprenticeship tax credits funding for small business.
- Career-Ready with CTMA Hiring Grants: Frequently Asked Questions
- [Webinar Aug 15] Career-Ready with CTMA: Prepare for Fall 2019 Hires
- Government Funding for Hiring Manufacturing Apprentices and Interns
- Budget 2018 Streamlines Funding Programs for Business Innovation
- Canadian Government Funding: Federal Apprenticeship Job Creation Tax Credit (AJCTC)