Launched in 2014 as a 6-year initiative, this training grant is a segment of the $194M/year Canada Job Grant initiative as part of Canada’s Economic Action Plan. The Canada-Alberta Job Grant was created to provide training for Canadian employees in order to improve their employability and in-demand skillsets.
- Amount: Non-repayable grant contributions of 66% of training costs (ie. course, exams, textbooks, software resources, etc.) up to a max limit of $10k per trainee. A maximum of $300,000 in small business grants may be awarded each year.
- Timeline: Training projects must be completed within the year and cannot be over 12 months in length. 6-year program from 2014-2020.
- Eligibility: Alberta-based SME with $2M liability insurance. Trainee must be a resident of Alberta, permanent Canadian citizen, or granted refugee status.
Top Canada-Alberta Job Grant Resources
- Canada-Alberta Job Grant Program Overview: Learn more about the Canada-Alberta Job Grant, including the program’s basic eligibility criteria, the application process, and how training grants will be awarded to successful businesses.
- Canada-Alberta Job Grant Eligibility: Uncover the true value CAJG can provide to your organization by understanding who can apply, which projects are eligible, and which expenses can – and cannot – be included.
- Canada-Alberta Job Grant (CAJG): Is Your Business Eligible for Training Grants?
- Canada-Alberta Job Grant: Training Grants for Workforce Development