Launched in 2014 as a 6-year initiative, this training grant is a segment of the $194M/year Canada Job Grant initiative as part of Canada’s Economic Action Plan. The Canada-Alberta Job Grant was created to provide training for Canadian employees in order to improve their employability and in-demand skillsets.
- Amount: Up to two-thirds of the cost to a maximum of $10,000 per trainee per fiscal year. If hiring and training an unemployed Albertan, up to 100% of training costs could be covered, up to $15,000 per trainee. A maximum of $300,000 in small business grants may be awarded each year.
- Timeline: Training projects must start within 6 months receiving approval and must be completed within 12 months of training start date. 6-year program from 2014-2020.
- Eligibility: Elible employers are: Alberta-based private sector employees, non-profit sector employees, Agriculture Financial Services Corporation, Alberta Treasury Branches, and First Nations and Metis Settlements.
Top Canada-Alberta Job Grant Resources
- Canada-Alberta Job Grant Program Overview: Learn more about the Canada-Alberta Job Grant, including the program’s basic eligibility criteria, the application process, and how training grants will be awarded to successful businesses.
- Canada-Alberta Job Grant Eligibility: Uncover the true value CAJG can provide to your organization by understanding who can apply, which projects are eligible, and which expenses can – and cannot – be included.
- Canada-Alberta Job Grant (CAJG): Is Your Business Eligible for Training Grants?
- Canada-Alberta Job Grant: Training Grants for Workforce Development
Updated January 14, 2020.