The Canada Summer Jobs program is a Canadian government grant that offers support for employers providing supervised career-related work experience for young employees. The experiences gained through funded placements should further develop their skills and knowledge, preparing them to make a transition into post-graduation employment. Canada Summer Jobs specifically supports youth who are returning to school in the fall.
- Amount: For-profits can receive up to 50% of employee minimum hourly rate. Non-profits can receive up to 100% of minimum wage in grant coverage. This amount is capped at a maximum $300,000 per employer, per province or territory.
- Timeline: 2017 application window is now closed; the next application intake expected to open in January 2018. To explore currently available hiring incentives, please tell us more about your upcoming hiring plans.
- Eligibility: Less than 50 employees.
Top Resources for Canada Summer Jobs:
- Overview Blog: Learn more about what this program offers and how to get started on your application before it is too late.
- Eligibility Blog: Does your business qualify for up to 50% to 100% of the minimum hourly wage in government funding to support hiring of summer interns? Find out by reading this blog.
- FAQ Blog: Have some unresolved questions about the Canada Summer Jobs Program? Before getting started read this blog answering some of the most frequently asked questions we have received from our readers.
- Update Blog: Canada Summer Jobs has been renewed for summer 2017 internships. This blog reviews changes to the program and discusses strategies to maximize your funding success.
- How to Qualify for the Canada Summer Jobs Program
- SMEs & Students Look to Benefit from Canada Summer Jobs Wage Subsidies
- FAQ’s: Canada Summer Jobs Government Grants Canada
- Canada Summer Job Program Now Open for 2014
- Canadian Summer Jobs for Students- Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP)