The Northern Ontario Internship Program supports employers that provide 52-week internships to recent post-secondary graduates. Through the program, employers can access conditional contributions to offset a portion of eligible employment costs as the employee develops in-demand skills and relevant industry experience.
- Amount: For Profit: Up to 50% of wage to a maximum of $31,500. Non-Profit/Public Sector: Up to 90% of wage to a maximum of $31,500.
- Timeline: Open. Applications will be accepted until March 31, 2019.
- Eligibility: Northern Ontario employers, in operation for at least one year with one or more full-time employees. Must be in an emerging economic sector prioritized by NOHFC. Interns must have graduated within the last three years from a college or university program, being employed for first time in the their field of study and legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Project Focus: Providing a 52-week internship to recent post-secondary graduates.
Top Northern Ontario Internship Program Resources
- Overview Blog: Find out general information regarding this business grants in Ontario opportunity from NOHFC including funding, eligibility and more.
- Eligibility Blog: Find answers for some of the most common questions regarding this extremely popular government funding for Northern Ontario program.
- Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation: NOHFC Grants and Loans
- Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Awards $178k in Manufacturing Grants
- How to Qualify for NOHFC Northern Ontario Business Grants and Loans
- NOHFC Funding Supports Northern Ontario Forestry Industry with $1.4M
- Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation Awards $3.4M in Grants
Posted: October 30, 2013. Updated: October 30, 2018.