The Northern Ontario Internship Program supports recent graduates obtain an internship in their field of study in Northern Ontario.
- Amount: For Profit: up to 50% of wage to a maximum of $31,500. Non-Profit/Public Sector: Up to 90% of wage to a maximum of $31,500.
- Timeline: Open. Applications will be accepted until March 31, 2019.
- Eligibility: Applicants must be located in Northern Ontario, in operation for at least one year with one or more full-time employees. Interns must be graduates of a 3 year college or university program, being employed for first time in the their field of study and legally entitled to work in Canada. Applicants must be in one of the following priority areas of the NOHFC: Advanced manufacturing; Agriculture, aquaculture and food processing; Arts, culture and creative industries; Digital economy; Forestry and value-added forestry-related industries; Health sciences; Minerals sector and mining supply and services; Renewable energy and services; Tourism; Transportation, aviation and aerospace; Water technologies and services
Top Northern Business Opportunity Program Resources
- Overview Blog: Find out general information regarding this business grants in Ontario opportunity from NOHFC including funding, eligibility and more.
- Eligibility Blog: Find answers for some of the most common questions regarding this extremely popular government funding for Northern Ontario program.
- Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation Awards $400k to Software Startup
- Rapid Growth Expected for Northern Ontario’s Agriculture Industry in 2017
- Northern Ontario Requests Additional FedNor Small Business Funding
- Can Your Organization Access NOHFC Northern Ontario Government Funding?
- Northern Ontario Government Funding Awarded to 3 Sudbury Businesses