The Apprenticeship Training Tax Credit (ATTC) was designed by Ontario’s Ministry of Finance to encourage employers in the trades to register new apprentices in sectors where there is a high demand for skilled workers.
- Amount: Up to 25-30% of an apprentice’s wages during first 36 months of training; can provide tax relief for training started April 24, 2015 or later. Max $5,000/year to a max $15,000/3 years.
- Timeline: Open. Companies may file for this tax credit annually. Unused credit can be carried back 3 years and carried forward 20 years.
- Eligibility: Employers must be based in Ontario and employ apprentices registered in any of Ontario’s approved trades.
- Canadian Business Funding for Apprenticeships
- Overview of Apprenticeship Programs and Tax Credits
- Canadian Government Funding: Federal Apprenticeship Job Creation Tax Credit (AJCTC)
- Ontario Apprenticeship Training Tax Credit for IT Roles
- Canadian Tax Credits and Business Funding Grants for Hiring Apprentices