The TECTERRA HIRE Program supports the employment of highly-qualified technical and business personnel. The new hire will be a key technical resource to contribute to the success of the development/commercialization of a new geomatics technology.
- Amount: Up to 50% of the new hire’s salary to a maximum $50,000. If candidates are relocating from outside Alberta, additional funding of 50% of eligible moving expenses to a maximum $10,000 can be covered as well.
- Timeline: Open; applications accepted on an ongoing basis. New hires must be employed for the duration of the 12-month funding period with intentions of keeping them indefinitely.
- Business Eligibility: Small Alberta-based geomatics companies (50 or less employees, <$5M annual revenue).
- Candidate Eligibility: Post-secondary graduates of a geomatics or related field who is eligible to work in Canada.
Top TECTERRA HIRE Program Resources:
- TECTERRA HIRE Program Overview: Receive funding to hire a new employee to contribute to the success of the development or commercialization of a geomatics innovation.
- TECTERRA HIRE Program Eligibility: Find out whether you qualify for funding through TECTERRA and how to get started on your application.
- TECTERRA SHOW: Trade Show Grants for Alberta Geomatics
- TECTERRA Funding for Geomatics Technology Development
- Funding Success: TECTERRA Awards $4.8M in 2014-2015
- How to Qualify for Alberta Business Grants for Hiring through TECTERRA
- Grants for Alberta Small Businesses: TECTERRA Geo-Placement Program