The Accessible Technology Program is an Canadian government grant designed to support the development and testing of assistive technologies. It seeks to improve digital/knowledge economy participation among persons with disabilities. As provided by Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED), the program invests $22.3 million over five years (2017-2021) for innovative solutions that make for a more inclusive, diverse workforce.
- Amount: Up to 50% (for-profit) and up to 80% (non-profit) to a maximum $4 million per project/year.
- Timeline: Applications due June 2, 2019 for projects starting in late 2019 – early 2020. Projects must be complete by March 31, 2022. Must receive program approval prior to incurring funding-eligible expenses.
- Eligibility: Canadian legal entities, including for-profits, NFPs, and research institutions. Must provide 2 years of audited financial statements.
- Project Focus: Technology development and testing that improves access to the digital economy for persons with disabilities.
Top Accessible Technology Program Resources
- Accessible Technology Program Overview: Learn more about ATP research grants, including the program’s purpose, applicants and projects supported, and how to apply for funding.
Posted: January 7, 2019. Updated: February 12, 2019.