Offsets a portion of costs related to hiring an associate to perform technical commercialization activities. Contribution is paid as a monthly stipend plus an annual Expense Allowance of up to $7,000 to cover a portion of non-salary costs incurred by the researcher. Associates may be hired as a part-time or full-time employee.
- Amount: Level 1 – Up to $52,500 annual stipend. Level 2 – Up to $75,000 annual stipend. Level 3 – Up to $105,000 annual stipend. Additional Expense Allowance of $7,000 annually.
- Timeline: Continuous intake of applications. Application approvals in 6-8 weeks from submission.
- Eligibility: Alberta advanced technology businesses, incorporated, with a technology that is ready for commercialization.
- Project Themes: Manufacturing analysis/planning, product validation, exploring new product markets, and developing marketing and sales strategies.
Top Industry Commercialization Associates Program Resources:
- Industry Commercialization Associates Program Overview: Bringing new technologies to market may be difficult, but hiring new employees with the right skills can help. This overview of the Industry Commercialization Associates Program will help employers discover the potential of using hiring grants for late-stage R&D projects.