Alberta Innovates’ Industry R&D Associates Program offsets a portion of costs related to hiring an associate to perform technical research and development activities. Contribution is paid as a monthly stipend plus an annual Expense Allowance of up to $7,000 to cover a portion of non-salary costs incurred by the researcher. Associates must be hired as a full-time employee.
- Amount: Level 1 – Up to $52,500 annual stipend. Level 2 – Up to $67,500 annual stipend. Additional Expense Allowance of $7,000 annually.
- Timeline: Continuous intake of applications. Application approvals in 6-8 weeks from submission.
- Eligibility: Alberta advanced technology businesses, incorporated, with a technology that is undergoing development. Must have plans to commercialize R&D outcomes upon project completion.
- Project Themes: Pre-competitive research, prototype development, market capture, and demonstration and feasibility investigation of innovative technologies.
Top Industry R&D Associates Program Resources
- Industry R&D Associates Program Overview: Learn more about Alberta Innovates’ Industry R&D Associates Program, including an overview its funding contribution, eligibility, and application process.