The Alberta-Ontario Innovation Program (AOP) is jointly managed by Alberta Innovates (AI) and the Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) to solve mutual industry challenges through research and development. Funding will accelerate the commercialization of technology and/or productivity improvements of businesses, leading to enhanced competitiveness.
- Amount: Grant funding from $200,000-$500,000 per collaboration. Maximum of 50% of eligible project costs.
- Timeline: SMEs may submit an Expression of Interest to begin the application. Program approval may take approximately 6-9 months from EOI submission date.
- Eligibility: Alberta and Ontario-based for-profit companies that have commercialization-ready technology project that will span 2 years or less.
- Project Themes: Applied research and development that results in market or sector-wide adoption in the following industries: Advanced materials and manufacturing, energy and environment, nanotechnology, information and communications technologies (ICT) and digital media, aerospace and defense, agriculture and forestry, advanced health technologies, biotechnology, and life sciences.
Top Alberta-Ontario Innovation Program Resources
- Alberta-Ontario Innovation Program Overview: Alberta and Ontario-based SMEs may learn more about this collaborative technology development program. Discover how the program works, and if it’s a good fit for your upcoming R&D project.