The AV Research and Development Partnership Fund is an Ontario government grant program offered through the Autonomous Vehicle Innovation Network (AVIN). Through the program’s Technology Demonstrations stream, lead applicants (technology developers) work with partners (typically other SMEs, large enterprises, post-secondary institutions, and non-profit organizations) to develop, prototype, and validate innovative autonomous vehicle technologies.
- Amount: Up to 33% of eligible costs. Stream 1 – up to a maximum of $100,000; Stream 2 – up to a maximum of $1,000,000 in grant funding.
- Timeline: Stream 1: Open with continuous intake – Projects must be completed within 12 months of approval. Stream 2: Intake closed – Projects must be completed within 24 months of approval. Stream 2: Two-stage application process; offers occasional calls for proposals.
- Eligibility: Ontario-based SMEs (technology developers) with fewer than 500 full-time employees; must partner with another SME, national/multinational enterprise, academia, municipalities, or non-profits.
- Project Focus: Development and demonstration of pre-market technologies (TRL 3-7) in the Connected and Autonomous Vehicle (C/AV) sector.
Top AV Research and Development Partnership Fund Resources
- AV Research and Development Partnership Fund Overview: Learn more about the Autonomous Vehicle Research and Development Partnership Fund, including details on each of the program’s streams, types of eligible projects, and what types of applicants are eligible to receive funding.
Posted: April 13, 2018. Updated: December 17, 2019.