The AV Research and Development Partnership Fund is an Ontario government grant program offered through the Autonomous Vehicle Innovation Network (AVIN). Through the program’s Technology Demonstrations stream, lead applicants (technology developers) work with partners (typically other SMEs, large enterprises, post-secondary institutions, and non-profit organizations) to develop, prototype, and validate innovative autonomous vehicle technologies.
- Amount: Up to 50% of eligible project costs to a maximum $1 million in grant funding.
- Timeline: Two-stage application process; offers occasional calls for proposals, upcoming deadlines are May 15 and September 26, 2018.
- Eligibility: Ontario-based SMEs (technology developers) with fewer than 500 full-time employees; must partner with another SME, national/multinational enterprise, academia, municipalities, or non-profits.
- Project Focus: Development and demonstration of pre-market technologies in the Connected and Autonomous Vehicle (C/AV) sector.
Top AV Research and Development Partnership Fund Resources
- AV Research and Development Partnership Fund Overview: Learn more about the Autonomous Vehicle Research and Development Partnership Fund, including details on each of the program’s streams, types of eligible projects, and what types of applicants are eligible to receive funding.
Posted: April 13, 2018 by Jeff Shepherd. Updated: April 23, 2018 by Jeff Shepherd