Update: The National Research Council (NRC) now offers project-based funding through a single Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP). Please visit the NRC-IRAP Research Project Contributions page for more information.
The Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP) offers Mid-Size Project research grants to Canadian businesses specifically for the internal development and improvement of innovative technologies, products, and processes. This particular research and development funding program is part of the IRAP funding umbrella and is often used towards the labour costs associated with product development projects.
- Amount: Up to 65-80% of eligible internal technical labour costs.
- Timeline: Federal funding released April 1 each year.
- Eligibility: 1-500 people on payroll and 2 years incorporated.
Top IRAP Mid-Size Projects Resources
- IRAP Mid-Size Projects Overview Blog: This article will cover the objectives, purpose, timelines, and amount of funding available through IRAP’s Mid-Size Projects research funding.
- IRAP Mid-Size Projects Eligibility Criteria Blog: Interested Canadian businesses can learn more in-depth eligibility factors about this popular IRAP funding program.
- NRC IRAP Funding Helps Businesses Provide PPE and Sanitizer Against COVID-19
- Zucara Receives $350,000 in NRC-IRAP Funding for Health Innovation
- Canadian Government Funding Aids Agricultural Research Project
- NRC-IRAP Research Grants Support Innovative Clean Technology Project
- NRC-IRAP Research Grants Help Kraken Sonar Develop Marine Robotics