Please Note: The Low Carbon Innovation Fund is closed and will not accept further applications. Please browse other research and innovation funding programs.
The Low Carbon Innovation Fund (LCIF) supports proof-of-concept, prototyping, and pilot demonstration projects that lead to the commercialization of processes and/or products in Ontario that are globally competitive and help reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. By offering Ontario government grants for clean technology development and demonstration, LCIF helps Ontario companies, researchers, and entrepreneurs mitigate significant risk and technical hurdles of validating their innovative next-gen technologies prior to commercializing.
- Amount: Eligible costs are covered up to 50% cost coverage for projects at funding asks between $250,000 and $2,000,000.
- Timeline: Closed.
- Eligibility: Ontario-located businesses, municipalities, research/academic institutions, and/or non-profit organizations. All sectors are accepted.
- Project Themes: The scale-up and commercialization of innovative low carbon technologies in a real world, operational demonstration project.
Top Low Carbon Innovation Fund Resources
- Low Carbon Innovation Fund Overview: Learn more about Ontario’s LCIF program, including what the program supports, who’s eligible, and how to apply for cleantech funding.
- SD Tech Fund: $6M for Energy Efficient Membrane Separation Technology
- Emissions Reduction Alberta Industrial Efficiency Challenge: $70M Awarded
- SD Tech Fund: $1M in for KSM Inc.’s Sustainable Fertilizer Production
- Natural Gas Innovation Fund (NGIF): Funding for Cleantech
- 109 Canadian Communities Receive $4.5M in Cleantech Innovation Grants
Posted: September 5, 2018 by Jeff Shepherd. Updated: May 8, 2018 by Jeff Shepherd.