The Mitacs Accelerate PhD Fellowship program is a 3-year program that connects industry leaders with PhD fellows on R&D projects. The fellow must sent approximately 50% of their time on site with the partner and a minimum of 25% of their time at the university to receive direction from their academic supervisor.
- Amount: Maximum of $90,000 in grant funding over 3 years; company contributions of $36k are required.
- Timeline: 3 year program for PhD fellows; one application required, covering all 3 years of funding.
- Eligibility: Canadian-based company that can accommodate a PhD fellow for a 3-year period.
Top Mitacs Accelerate PhD Fellowship Resources
- Overview Blog: Learn more about how your company can hire PhD fellows to assist with your R&D activities.
- Mitacs Accelerate: Research Grants for Hiring Post-Graduate Students
- Mitacs Accelerate Awards $400,000 in Support of Cannabis Research
- Mitacs Accelerate Supports Green Technology Research and Development
- Mitacs Accelerate: Research Funding Eligibility Requirements
- Applying for Grants to Hire Ph.D. Fellows: Mitacs Accelerate Ph.D. Fellowship