The NGen Manufacturing Program supports collaborative technology development and application projects that help Canadian manufacturing companies compete globally. As administered by Next Generation Manufacturing Canada (NGen), the program taps into Innovation Superclusters Initiative (ISI) funding to support groups of businesses that develop high potential technologies, create groundbreaking process transformation, and de-risk the adoption of technology.
- Amount: Offsets up to 44.4% of eligible project expenses. Project costs should be between $1M and $20M, providing non-repayable funding of approximately $444,400 to $8,880,000.
- Projects: Collaborative technology development and application. Should have wide-reaching impacts that expand the potential of Canadian manufacturers, even those not directly involved in the project. Not focused on product R&D.
- Timeline: Open two-stage application process including an Expression of Interest (EOI) and, if called forward to application phase 2, a full application. Expected project length is 18-36 months; all projects must be complete by March 31, 2023.
- Eligibility: Open to all industries and sectors. Projects must be transformational in scale or impact, and be of wider benefit to Canada’s advanced manufacturing ecosystem. Must have a minimum of three private-sector project partners; lead partner and participants must be NGen members. No single partner can receive more than 70% of reimbursement.
Top NGen Manufacturing Program Resources
- NGen Manufacturing Launch: Discover more details about the NGen Manufacturing Program, including how to develop a competitive project focus, a detailed review of eligibility factors, and information on the application process.
- NGen Pilot Project Stream (Blog Coming Soon): Learn more about the NGen Manufacturing Pilot Project Stream. This stream assists Canadian firms to advance high-potential technologies, transform processes, and de-risk technology adoption.
Posted: March 26, 2019. Updated: December 3, 2019.