The Northern Innovation Program – Applied Research & Technology Development Projects program supports companies moving an innovative product or service through the late-stage development and commercialization process to bring it to market.
- Amount: Up to 50% of eligible projects costs to a maximum $250,000 as a conditional contribution.
- Timeline: Open. Accepting applications until March 31, 2019.
- Eligibility: Northern Ontario for-profit businesses, alone or in partnership with an Ontario academic or research institution. Must be in an emerging economic sector prioritized by NOHFC.
- Project Focus: Applied research or pre-commercialization activities required to move new technologies to market.
Top Northern Innovation Program – Applied Research & Technology Development Projects Resources
- Overview Blog: Read this overview to learn more about the funding amount, eligibility factors, timeline, and more.
- Eligibility Blog: Find out if you qualify for up to $250k in funding through this NOHFC Ontario business grants program.
- Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation: NOHFC Grants and Loans
- Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Awards $178k in Manufacturing Grants
- How to Qualify for NOHFC Northern Ontario Business Grants and Loans
- NOHFC Funding Supports Northern Ontario Forestry Industry with $1.4M
- Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation Awards $3.4M in Grants
Posted: October 30, 2013. Updated: October 30, 2018.