The Customer Demonstration Program provides Ontario government grants to support technology demonstrations between two or more Ontario-based businesses. Through the program, funding will be awarded for innovative ‘market disruptors’ to demonstrate the value of smart computing products/services to a ‘receptor’ who can purchase and adopt the technology. This helps overcome commercialization barriers and helps generate a business case for wide-scale adoption. Funding supports salaries and benefits paid to employees directly overseeing the project, as well as operating costs necessary to achieve project milestones.
- Amount: Up to 50% coverage of eligible expenses to a maximum $50k.
- Timeline: Upcoming application deadline of November 22, 2017. Training projects must be completed within the year and cannot be over 12 months in length. 6-year program from 2014-2020.
- Projects: Demonstration of the applicant’s smart computing solution to a strategic client to address a particular opportunity or problem.
- Eligibility: Partnership: For-profit Ontario SME with a validated innovative product/service, and a commercial partner / strategic client for the product/service.
Top Customer Demonstration Program Resources:
- OCE Customer Demonstration Program Overview: Learn more about the OCE Customer Demonstration Program, including a detailed analysis of the types of projects being considered and tips for how to apply for the Ontario government funding program.