Canada is one of the strongholds for artificial intelligence (AI) and home to some of the world’s most advanced AI organizations and companies. The Supply Chains and Logistics Excellence AI (SCALE.AI) supercluster is a government funding program that enhances Canada’s existing supply chain practices by boosting economic development through faster adoption and integration of artificial intelligence (AI). It seeks to connect researchers and industries to establish Canada as a global AI development hub.
- Amount: Up to 40% of eligible costs for projects that can accelerate the adoption and commercialization of AI for supply chains. Minimum 2:1 cash match from applicant and/or partners. The match must come from private sector contributions.
- Timeline: Open and accepting applications on a first-come, first-served basis. No deadlines announced.
- Eligibility: Must have at least two contributing partner companies (At least one partner in the consortium must be a SME and at least one partner must be an adopter of the technology), reflect collaborations across large and small enterprises, research institutions, and academia, contributors must be SCALE.AI members.
- Projects: Encompass technology development to improve Supply Chain processes by adopting AI. Projects should:
- Be transformational in scale or impact for its participants;
- Have a wider benefit to Canada’s Supply Chain ecosystem; and
- Help Canadian Supply Chain companies compete globally.
Top Supply Chains and Logistics Excellence AI (SCALE.AI) Resources:
Supply Chains and Logistics Excellence AI (SCALE.AI) Overview Blog: This is an overview of Supply Chains and Logistics Excellence AI (SCALE.AI), including information regarding the program’s focus, eligibility requirements, and how to apply.
Posted October 21, 2019.