Through FedDev Ontario and the Ontario Chamber of Commerce, SME’s are able to improve their position in accessing new markets to global markets such as China and Hong Kong, India and the US marketplace. Eligible activities include: international trade shows, fairs and exhibits, marketing tools for foreign audiences to market products, market research to target precise international markets, and bidding on foreign projects against foreign competition. Funding supports expenses towards marketing brochures, trade shows, display panels, banners, flights and meal/lodging per dime allowance.
- Amount: Max of $30k non-repayable or 50% of project. Can be applied for twice in 12 month period.
- Timeline: Only one project open at any one time. Must allow 30 business days for approval prior to first payment of booth rental or air fare expenses.
- Eligibility: Between 5-500 people on payroll, >$500k in revenues and 2 years incorporated.
Top Export Market Access Resources:
- EMA Overview Blog: An overview of the focus of this Ontario government funding program along with success stories, timelines and other relevant information.
- EMA Eligibility Criteria Blog: Eligible expenses, eligible projects and companies that can benefit from this government funding for small businesses in Ontario program.
- EMA Update: The latest on this Ontario small business grants program.