Entrepreneur’s Exchange 2012 Event Hosted at Communitech
The Laurier Innovation & Technology Club’s annual event, Entrepreneur’s Exchange is quickly approaching. This is a free event being held at Communitech, a not-for-profit organization that supports hundreds of technology companies located in the Waterloo Region.
Entrepreneurial Event Overview: Entrepreneur’s Exchange
The Laurier Innovation & Technology Club, the host of this unique event is an organization based out of Wilfrid Laurier University. They are in their second year of operation and aim to promote and provide resources to student innovators and entrepreneurs. Through hosting inspiring events and programs for students and the community, their mission is to “foster innovation and entrepreneurship at Laurier and within the Waterloo community.”
Entrepreneur’s Exchange 2012 Event Details
Last year there were five inspirational entrepreneur presenters, including Teresa Snelgrove, the Co-Founder of Timothy’s Coffee. This year’s main focus is inspiring guests through stories of successful local entrepreneur’s, heavily focused on building your professional business network. This year’s event will feature the following speakers:
- Jackie Lee: CEO of Recruit My Friends, a successful business that represents top engineers across North America. She sits on the UW Alumni Council and is also an angel investor and speaks at several business events.
- Ian Troop, Keynote Speaker: Alumni of Wilfrid Laurier’s BBA program, Ian has extensive experience in the business community. He was Vice President at Procter & Gamble and became President International at ConAgra Foods. Currently, he is the CEO of the Toronto 2015 Pan American Games, one of Canada’s largest event, where he will oversee the $1.4 billion budget.
Date: Monday, November 12th, 2012 @ 6:30pm-9:00pm
Location: Tannery Event Space at Communitech Hub,
151 Charles Street West Kitchener, ON N2G 1H6
Dress code is business casual and there will be food and drinks served. Please register on the Entrepreneur’s Exchange 2012 Registration Page.
Attendees of the Entrepreneur’s Exchange 2012, will:
- Connect and interact with future & current startups, investors, community and business leaders
- Meet your potential co-founder
- Learn and hear from two of Canada’s top entrepreneurs from their talks on their entrepreneurial journeys and the high and low points of their careers
- Visit and tour one of Canada’s top entrepreneurial and community centers, the Communitech Hub
Canadian Government Funding Support
To receive information on Canadian government funding programs offered to companies, please contact a Mentor Works Canadian Government Funding Expert or signing up for our Weekly Canadian Government Funding E-Newsletter. You can also follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn to get quick updates on funding for small business.