Receive up to $75,000 in Exporting Grants.
The CanExport funding program provides Canadian government grants to support export marketing projects including participation in trade shows and government-led trade missions. By accessing additional funding for these types of activities, businesses can de-risk export market evaluation and development, ultimately helping to accelerate international growth.
Due to COVID-19, CanExport has implemented some changes to help businesses access export markets virtually through online marketing and trade show opportunities.
Amount of Funding
Up to 75% funding to a maximum $75,000 grant per project.
Applicants can apply for funding multiple times as long as their prior CanExport application has been completed all reporting is finished.
To be eligible for the CanExport program, Canadian businesses must:
- Maintain 1 to 500 full-time employees;
- Earn annual revenues ranging from $100,000 to $100,000,000;
- Be federally incorporated federally or classified as a limited liability partnership (LLP);
- Create eligible project expenses of $20,000 or more; and
- Be financially stable and able to pay all project expenses not covered by the program.
Please note that due to COVID, the program is currently not supporting any travel or in-person trade show attendance costs.
To access CanExport funding for upcoming international expansion initiatives, ensure the project revolves around:
- Participation at international trade shows;
- Developing marketing materials for international clients;
- Travel to the export market of choice; and
- Completing foreign market research.
Currently Eligible Projects During COVID-19
- Marketing tools creation, adaptation, and translation
- Interpretation services
- IP protection, certification, and adaptation
- Business, tax, and legal advice
- Market research, feasibility studies, identification of key contacts, and b2b facilitation
Projects Ineligible for CanExport Export Marketing Grants
Alternately, some of the project activities not eligible to receive CanExport small business grants include:
- Activities in a foreign country where more than 10% or $100,000 of total sales has been generated in the last 24 months;
- Ongoing or operational activities not associated with market expansion;
- Language training and other educational services; and
- Promoting Canadian investment or seeking economic immigrants.
- Continuous Intake
- If submitting from December 15 and March 31, 2021, The project start date will be postponed to April 1st of the following government fiscal year.