Receive up to $100,000 in Government Funding.
With the thriveFORWARD program, the Northumberland Community Futures Development Corporation (NCFDC) provides funding support for SME manufacturing firms in southern Ontario looking to adopt or commercialize innovative technologies. Businesses can benefit from this program by building resiliency, future-proofing their organizations, and preparing for long-term growth. The goal is to create jobs throughout southern Ontario by promoting a green economy, fostering an inclusive recovery, and enhancing competitiveness.
Amount of Funding
To support commercialization or adoption of innovative technologies, SMEs eligible for the program could receive up to 50% to a maximum of $100,000 (program leverage must be at least 1:1).
An applicant may be eligible for thriveFORWARD funding if they meet all of the following criteria:
- A registered industrial for-profit incorporated business, partnership or cooperative;
- Located in southern Ontario;
- Having fewer than 500 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees; and
- Having $100,000 to $100 million in annual revenue declared in Canada during its last complete tax reporting year (or during the last 12 months for monthly and quarterly filers).
Applicants must be participating in activities that:
- Create and retain jobs in Southern Ontario;
- Future-proof the organization, build resilience, and stimulate business growth by:
- Supporting scale-up and market expansion activities; and
- Developing emerging areas of global competitive advantage.
- Improve critical sectors, such as those within or impacting food production, medical supplies, or bio-manufacturing;
- Support NCFDC priority client pathways of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which include:
- Businesses owned or majority-led by underrepresented groups, or growth in employment of these groups; and/or
- Increasing the participation of underrepresented groups in the economy by supporting not-for-profit organizations that provide funding, business services, training, etc. for a more equitable workforce.
- Invest in going green or the adoption of digital technology, with prioritization of:
- Cleantech; or
- Digital adoption (such as cybersecurity readiness, productivity enhancement, operational resilience).