Launched in 2016 as a 3-year program, the Alberta Export Support Fund reduces the cost of attending trade shows in new export markets. The program offers grants ranging from $2,000-$20,000 to offset travel, select accommodation, event registration, and marketing material translation costs. During select Government of Alberta-led international trade shows and missions, businesses may also exhibit/present at reduced cost, increasing access to potential foreign customers.
- Amount: Up to 50% of eligible expenses to a maximum $20,000 grant. Can apply once per year.
- Projects: Trade show attendance in markets where less than 10% of company revenues have been earned in the last 12 months.
- Timeline: Continuous intake periods through 2017-2018. Must apply at least 2 months prior to the trade show.
- Eligibility: For-profit, incorporated in Alberta for at least 2 years, with a minimum 1 employee, and sales ranging from $50,000 to $25 million.
Top Alberta Export Support Fund Resources:
- Alberta Export Support Fund Overview: The Export Support Fund accelerates the development of new and under-utilized export markets by reducing the costs of attending export trade shows. Learn if the program is a good fit for your business and projects through this resource.
- Alberta Export Support Fund Eligibility Criteria: Learn if your business, upcoming project, and project expenses are eligible for funding through the Alberta Export Support Fund.
- Successful Export Support Fund Projects: Over 80 Alberta small and medium-sized businesses have received funding through the Export Support Fund. Learn more about how the program can improve your next export project.
- Help with Foreign Market Expansion: Canadian Technology Accelerators
- Canadian Government Funding for Agribusiness
- CanExport SMEs During COVID-19: What Projects are Eligible to Receive Funding?
- Creative Export Canada (CEC) – Up to $2.5M in Export Funding
- Export Support Fund: Alberta Small Business Grants for Trade Events