As administered by Natural Resources Canada, the Canadian Industry Program for Energy Conservation (CIPEC) supports manufacturers implementing energy management and ISO 50001 pilot projects. Companies may apply for funding to support specific projects that reduce energy consumption and lower greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. Funding can be used to develop tools/information related to energy efficiency, provide employee training, perform energy assessments, develop technical guides and reports, and implement the ISO 50001 Standard.
- Amount: Up to 50% of eligible costs to a maximum $40,000 manufacturing grant.
- Timeline: Open call for applications. Two-stage application process; must be approved before work can begin.
- Eligibility: Industrial energy users registered with Natural Resources Canada as a member of CIPEC (free to register).
Top Canadian Industry Program for Energy Conservation (CIPEC) Resources
- CIPEC Funding Program Overview: Learn more about the Canadian Industry Program for Energy Conservation (CIPEC), including both of the program’s funding streams, who’s eligible for the energy efficiency funding, and how to apply.
- CIPEC Grants Eligibility Criteria: Explore an in-depth review of the CIPEC program to learn about who’s eligible to receive funding, which types of projects are considered, and expenses that can be included in government funding applications.
- Canadian Industry Program for Energy Conservation (CIPEC) Eligibility Criteria
- CIPEC: Receive Grants to Support ISO 50001 Certification Costs