The Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP) offers Accelerated Review Process (ARP) funding to perform the technical research needed to solve an internal innovation challenge. Funding supports software implementation, productivity improvements, and production design or marketing projects. Not suited for training projects.
- Amount: $50k non-repayable grant with 80% of direct labour and 50% sub-contractors.
- Timeline: Federal funding released April 1 each year.
- Eligibility: 1-500 people on payroll and 2 years incorporated.
Top IRAP ARP Program Resources:
- IRAP ARP Overview Blog: Included in this blog is an overview of what IRAP ARP government funding for business is intended for and examples of what the funding can be put to use for by your company.
- IRAP ARP Eligibility Criteria Blog: Identify eligibility criteria for IRAP ARP research grants, including business, project, and expenses that government funding will support.
- IRAP Update: Learn which IRAP program fits the strategic goals of your business. This blog reviews multiple streams of the IRAP program, including IRAP ARP and IRAP Mid-Sized Projects.
- NRC-IRAP Research Grants Support Innovative Clean Technology Project
- NRC-IRAP Funding: Accelerated Review Process (ARP) Research Grants
- NRC-IRAP Grants Support Manufacturing Production Upgrades in the Yukon
- IRAP Research Grants: Comparing Accelerated Review Process vs. Mid-Size Project Funding
- Canadian Exports to United States Are Being ‘Trumped’ by Mexico