Update: The National Research Council (NRC) now offers project-based funding through a single Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP). Please visit the NRC-IRAP Research Project Contributions page for more information.
The Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP) offers Accelerated Review Process (ARP) funding to perform the technical research needed to solve an internal innovation challenge. Funding supports software implementation, productivity improvements, and production design or marketing projects. Not suited for training projects.
- Amount: $50k non-repayable grant with 80% of direct labour and 50% sub-contractors.
- Timeline: Federal funding released April 1 each year.
- Eligibility: 1-500 people on payroll and 2 years incorporated.
Top IRAP ARP Program Resources:
- IRAP ARP Overview Blog: Included in this blog is an overview of what IRAP ARP government funding for business is intended for and examples of what the funding can be put to use for by your company.
- IRAP ARP Eligibility Criteria Blog: Identify eligibility criteria for IRAP ARP research grants, including business, project, and expenses that government funding will support.
- Canadian Government Funding Aids Agricultural Research Project
- NRC-IRAP Research Grants Support Innovative Clean Technology Project
- NRC-IRAP Funding: Accelerated Review Process (ARP) Research Grants
- NRC-IRAP Grants Support Manufacturing Production Upgrades in the Yukon
- IRAP Research Grants: Comparing Accelerated Review Process vs. Mid-Size Project Funding