The Investing in Regional Diversification Initiative (IRD) was developed by FedDev Ontario in order to support the long-term development of strong and diverse economies.
- Amount: Grant for up to 50% of eligible costs to $20 million. Applicant must provide remainder as cash. 10% can be admin related costs.
- Timeline: Open now; continuous intake of applications.
- Eligibility: Non-profit in southern Ontario whose mandate includes economic development.
- Projects: Diversification of regional economy; capacity building activities; business infrastructure initiatives.
Top Investing in Regional Diversification (IRD) Resources:
- Investing in Regional Diversification (IRD) Overview Blog: Learn more about this grant funding opportunity for not-for-profits.
- Investing in Regional Diversification (IRD) Eligibility Blog: Interested in funding through the IRD program? Learn more about how to qualify for this federal funding program.
- Investing in Regional Diversification (IRD) FAQ Blog: Have questions about the Investing in Regional Diversification (IRD) program? Learn more by reading answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.
- Indigenous Entrepreneurship Hub Gets $5M from FedDev Ontario
- Trillium Manufacturing Network Releases Interactive Business Directory
- $12M in Government Funding Invested in Canada’s Bioindustrial Industry
- $1.4M FedDev Ontario Government Funding Awarded to Two London Projects
- Funding through Canadian Government Grants Helps Keep 750 Jobs in Windsor-Essex